Saturday, April 11, 2009

Talent is overrated


The plan was to make these "Spring Chickens" from Bakerella, a blog Kristi showed me. Unfortunately (but quite fortunate for the purpose of a humorous blog entry), I did not read the difficulty level until I was way too far into the process. Thus, my spring chickens met varying fates: some lost their lollipop sticks, some lost half a body, most were recklessly abandoned, and a select few made it in a pathetic chicken state.

The select few chickens are heading to my friends who drove from afar for Easter. It's little balls of crumbled cake mixed with chocolate frosting so that it molds into a ball. The cake balls are stuck on a lollipop stick and dunked into candy melts.



This is me holding one that has no faults.

Er, very few.

And the lucky abandoned / crumpled-heap ones are destined to be snacked on since I lost interest in creating chickens, once I found out I have no talent in this area of chick cake-ball making.

4 comments:

nobody said...

all that matters is that they taste good!

ever-body said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ever'body said...

they taste delicious!

Diana said...

I am literally laughing out loud - this reminds me of the boneless chicken farm!!