Monday, August 10, 2009

we all want to change the world.

Rascal Flatts, Dierks Bentley and Darius Rucker were in Columbus last night. It was a good concert: Dierks is my secret crush. In addition, I've now been to three Rascal Flatts concert and I think this one was my favorite. Not only did they sing a song called "Take me back to Ohio" in which the crowd, including my former housemate Michigan-fan Monica (normally just referred to as "Monica") had to follow up the O-H with the normal I-O. For the encore, the band came out in football jerseys to sing the Beatles' Revolution, along with bringing out Thad Matta and Kirk Herbstreit. Then they brought out Dierks and Darius and the three acts sang together. I thought it was really well done!
Yes, Darius sang songs from his pre-country days, when he was known, for many logical reasons, as Hootie from Hootie and the Blowfish.

But the most exciting part of the concert?

I finally got voted into an elite running club! I must have figured out the unspoken rules, some of which are:
a) never beat anyone (horribly)
b) never complain about the run until it's started
c) know a little something about everyone in the group.
i. know enough to make fun of everyone, a little bit.
Wish me luck. I hear rumors of initiation - but I'll have to let you know when I figure out why they keep talking about "plenty of cliques that joined a queue." Who even knows these things!

Classes start September 23, at which point you will read uber-smart posts and see me push my glasses back up the bridge of my nose. Until then? Hang in there, I guess. Or, you could watch literal music videos. There are some on youtube, if the newspaper article link doesn't work. I may or may not have watched all seven posted in the article... If you haven't figured this out yet, disclaimers and apologies are automatically included in each blog post. No exception.

2 comments:

Diana said...

e) take advantage of.......


haha!!

so if you go carryin' pictures of chairman mao.....

welcome to the elite running club, unless you joined another one too!

mmw said...

glad you liked the concert!!