Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Rolle's Theorem and hippopotamuseses

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." - Hebrews 10:23

I observed three other teachers (because I'm done acting as a teacher, I am finding things to do to fill my time during the school day.) The two AP classes that I sat in (calculus and comparative literature) were a lot of fun listening to the different opinions and making jokes with the older students. I was able to help a few people in the calc class, and they enjoyed my "42-7?" comment when they groaned about me being from Ohio. And more good things came from it - the teacher introduced me as a new student and they didn't believe him! That meant (I'm taking it to mean) I look older than them!

Also in good news, I heard my favorite Christmas song in the middle of practice (embedded here for your enjoyment) today.

3 comments:

I am write. said...

if someone gets a hippopotamus for christmas,
soon we'll find them dead in their garageeeeee
because hippos are very angry creatures
and teeth should not be used for a massage.

Julie said...

quit being such a wuss.
i happen to like hippos. and teacher says a hippo is a vegetarian. teacher didn't promise anything about being gored.

I am write. said...

teacher ought to use wikipedia more effectively.
or google search "hippos kill shit".