Monday, March 23, 2009

Done and Done

Calvin finished 7th at DIII Nationals this year. The meet was in Minneapolis (Tom, Jeanne, Nik, and Zoe came to watch on Saturday morning), a good bookend with freshman year Nationals.

I had a great individual meet, swimming some best times in the 50 fly (on the 200 medley relay) and the 100 free (on the 400 free relay.) I don't have any pictures to put up because everyone with cameras went on to spring break. Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm now done with 15 years of competitive swimming. (As long as you consider "8 and under" agegroup competitive swimming.)

I saw "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" last night. It's a sad movie. And it makes me want to read the short story it was based on. And pick through it a little bit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's weird to be done. I know the feeling. I only made it through 8 years of competitive track, but it definitely shapes you. I hope you find something new to identify yourself with!!

Anonymous said...

I have a lot of spectator memories too. Highlands pool, JC pool, NW Swim Club, Cincy, UA, Worthington, Academy, Canton, OSU, MiamiU, OU..... Congrats on a great career!