Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"I knew things were going to turn around some time!"

I went to St. Louis for the end of my spring break and it was a lot of fun. We saw the arch, the art museum, Missouri Botanical Garden, the St. Louis Walk of Fame (although it was rainy) and a myriad of restaurants and basketball games.

Kate Chopin is one of my favorite authors. I'm sure there was something saddening and artistic I could do with her description halfway underwater, but since it was currently raining, I felt no real need for inspiration. Alas, to quote Kate herself, "so the storm passed and everyone was happy."












Yogi Berra, born in The Hill (close to where I stayed.)







































Our gelato server inspired me. I found a penny under the counter, and told him as I dropped the penny in, "Look, a penny for you!" He responded with (not despondently or sarcastically), "I knew things were going to turn around sometime!"
What a joyful outlook! I've also been reminded the past few days that it's not always about God answering with a yes or no to our decisions, but it's about us honoring God with our choices. That's helped me as I thought about racing at Nationals, as I think about The Future, as I contemplate the trappings of life... And who knew, the deliverer of good gelato was also a deliverer of good news!


2 comments:

Stephen said...

was kate chopin the one who wrote "the awakening"?

Julie said...

yes, you are correct, stephen.