Sunday, September 21, 2008

I can't believe now I'M writing something about Sammie...

My sister makes me laugh.

I just talked to her on the phone, and she was telling me about a chicken hat that Dan wouldn't let her buy. I had to ask - for Sammie, or for you? (For her.)
She then proceeded to tell me that Sammie's birthday is coming up next month! And her wishlist is on Petsmart, just so I'm aware! Then, I hear Dan in the background reminding Kristi that his birthday is next week, and maybe I should be reminded of that.
This just goes to support my theory that she really, really, REALLY likes Sammie. In fact, if you look at her blog, the most recent update consists of pictures of Sammie along with Sammie's "captions." Dad and I had a mini-discussion about the amount of times he and I are mentioned in her blog - I had a shout-out on my birthday, and then was mentioned when I visited (but if you look at it, it turns into a story about Sammie, including her most recent height and weight.)
So, Kristi, I'm halfway making fun of you, but realize if I had a dog as cute as Sammie, I'd do the same thing. I'm kind of doing the same thing with all my little students, except I like to combine them into one entity.
this picture seems appropriate, since it looks like Kristi and I are a happy married couple with our big-boned baby. Kristi and Dan, how about a pose like this for Christmas cards this year? Or you can dress Sammie up in her raincoat...

http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/090708/cornhole-timeline.gif

5 comments:

Diana W said...

haha!! this one makes me laugh, someone once told me we are the only family that speaks for their pets....and to that, Topy says HEYYYYY....

Kristi said...

okay, so first of all, i was JOKING that she's registered at petsmart, she's not, although she's picked out what she wants so you can just go ahead and send her giftcards for her birthday on OCTOBER 25TH...

secondly,
just wait for our christmas card. it will be sweet.

I am write. said...

she's got a RAINCOAT?!
unreal. and i feel the need to use caps for emphasis.
I DONT HAVE A RAINCOAT, AND SHE IS A DOG.
i can't believe dan let that one slide...

Julie said...

yes, the raincoat was purchased by my mother and I. I believe the exact phone conversation went as follows:
Me: "Kristi. What size raincoat do you think Sammie wears?"
Kristi: (laughing.) Probably a small. Is it cute?

If I recall correctly, Dan came into the conversation at some point to make fun of a raincoat for Sammie. But Sammie really liked the monkey we also got her.

Jessica said...

Julie, I love this! Miss you and your superb story-telling abilities :)