Wednesday, September 17, 2008


my Euler diagram.

Quick anecdotes for the day:
I read "If You Give A Moose a Muffin" to demonstrate if/then statements and logical chains. It was a dramatic reading.

In addition, we did some Lewis Carroll logic puzzles (he's quite smart) and so I spoke with a British accent. Er, my best adaptation of one. Someone told me that it sounded a bit Australian, so I replied with, "Crikey! You're right!" (In accent, of course.)
It is kind of cool that he was a mathematician and an author - English and math, like me. Or, as I said in one of my classes - English and math and British, like me! - to which they all responded with a "...No, Miss Wolfe." My teacher loved my book of choice, and proceeded to give me various links and catalogs containing information on math-related children's books. I'm kind of excited to look at some of them.

No comments: